Word of 2021: Grow

 


I think we can all agree that 2020 was a tough year! Now as we enter 2021, I'm sure many of us are setting goals for ourselves. And I am no different. Each year I like to pick a word to focus my goals around. This year my word is:

Grow

I want to grow healthier, grow spiritually, grow closer to my family, and grow professionally. 

I chose the word grow because it's more than just literal growth. In fact, I'm pretty sure my literal growth stopped quite a while ago. Grow can mean learning from experiences, gaining new knowledge or talents, challenging ourselves in various ways. There are a lot of possibilities to grow. Especially after a year that was difficult and at times felt stagnant.

As we got into December of 2020, I started thinking of what I wanted my word for 2021 to be. Honestly, I can't even remember what I chose for 2020 (sad author confession, I know). The word grow came almost immediately. Honestly, I think a lot of that is because growth is so essential to our journey as people. I like this quote from Benjamin Franklin which says:

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning."

So this year, I plan on seeing where I can grow. There will be challenges, certainly. Growth is not an easy process. There will likely be set backs and disappointment. But, just like a tree becomes stronger with every storm it weathers, we become stronger as we grow from the storms we face.

I hope this year you'll join me on this journey. And may this year bring you peace, joy, and good growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Determination to Start Again

Project Reveal: The She Shed

She-Shed Update: Let There Be Light